Friday, February 02, 2007

Little Did I Know

I've been tagged for the "Five Little Known Things" meme.

(Girl, when you tag someone, I think you're actually supposed to, you know, tag them. Not that I don't read your blog, so I guess it is all one, but still.)

This meme is actually pretty difficult.

For example, little known by whom?

By you all? Ya'll actually don't know a whole lot about me. So I could write almost anything, and it would have been previously little known to you.

To people who know me in the offline world? There, I'm pretty much an open book. (Empty. But open.)

Probably the only "little known" facts about me in "real life" deal with my knitting and this blog.

So, one of my five "little known facts" could be that I have an anonymous knitting blog. (Yes, the blog is not only anonymous, but also fairly secret.)

Another could be that I have a massive stash of yarn squirreled away in sundry boxes, bags, and closets.

Another could be that I regularly knit dishrags, of all things.

Each of those facts are pretty widely "little-known."

Not the sort of things that come up in everyday conversation. (At least not the boring sorts of conversations I generally participate in.)

But I don't think those tidbits are at all what you people are looking for.

You see where I am going with this.

Anyway.

Here's some stuff for you that maybe you know, maybe you don't, and maybe you "little know":

1.) I don't meme. I make an exception here because I memed once before, back when I was feeling weird, and I had the bad graces to tag Elaine. Turnabout is fair play. But I'm not tagging anyone else. (Stop the insanity!) I would meme, I suppose, if I weren't worried about letting slip my secret identity. Do you know how many times I have typed my actual, real name while "signing" emails from Anonyknits? I think I've caught them all before hitting "send," but can't be sure. Which brings us to

2.) I find maintaining my anonymity to be a very difficult proposition. I have my reasons for wanting to be anonymous. Not that they are all that. For example, this is not Julia Roberts' secret knitting blog. (Or is it?) But it is really difficult to not join in this or not do that because of the anonymity, or to have to make the decision in advance that I'm doing "x" as myself but "y" as Anonyknits. Someday the jig will be up, and I can't say I'm dreading it.

3.) This is the eleventy-first entry in this blog.

4.) I have an epileptic cat.

5.) Sometimes I think that maybe I knit too much.

That's all, folks!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Cookie said...

I hope you're not really Julia. I find her annoying, but quite like you and those buttons.

Oh, and, ya know, I'm not really named 'Cookie'. *L*

12:03 AM  
Blogger Anonyknits said...

If I was Ms. Roberts, I doubt I would admit it. (And, hey . . . I'm *not* admitting it . . .)

But not being named Cookie?

Now *that's* annoying.

I suppose you're not chock full of chocolate chips, sugar and butter, either.

Now I have to change my whole mental image of you.

Dagnabbit.

12:28 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

Now how many people will be Googling "Julia Robert's pet" to see if she has an epilectic cat?

1:35 AM  
Blogger Angela said...

I learned plenty I didn't know...the epileptic cat...that's interesting;->

Personally, I don't really care what your identity is. I know you well just from reading your blog, and am happy to know you, too:)

Ang

5:29 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

I sit possible to knit too much? Uh oh, I think I'm in trouble then...

4:23 PM  
Blogger Anonyknits said...

Oh, I would have met up with you. I just wouldn't have told you my real name. (But I suppose that would reveal whether or not I am Julia Roberts.)

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home